Friday, December 5, 2008

The Backyard. And Quilts.

I've had lots of people asking me "How's the backyard coming?". The basement is nice and dry, which was the whole purpose of all this demolition.
We can go out the back door now. Yippee!!! And the fence gates are re-installed. Yippee!!! The patio portion will have to wait until next year - it's getting too cold for DH to be working out there all day. And it's the north side of the house, so it's not even sunny to warm it up a bit. The big gangly looking posts are for the railing. Poor dog will end up running smack into the railing when it does go up - right now she's having a GRAND old time bounding up on the platform.

Here's a shot of the ladies from the Goderich Guild, hard at work on their Christmas postcards. It was kind of funny - at one point they were all concentrating so hard they were stone quiet. I spent a lovely evening with Diane. She's a girl after my own heart - we watched Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. At intermission she had to go out and brush the snow off the satellite dish - got her two minutes of exercise.

It's the Christmas Season here. My plan is to do the 'must have it early enough to get the binding finished and wrap it for Christmas' jobs finished. Then I will go back and do the 'do it whenever...' quilts.



These three are all gifts.














HOW NOT TO MAKE A QUILT

or, HOW TO MAKE YOUR QUILTER CRAZY
Self explanatory. Martinis are in the pitcher just waiting for me to get started on this one. Oy, yoy, yoy.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post about that last one on MQR. I can't wait to see what you can do with this and I sure don't envy you!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...