Friday, March 13, 2009

Free Stuff and Retreat Weekend

My husband knows me well enough to know that:
  1. I love free stuff
  2. I love red wine
  3. If someone offers him a bottle of free red wine (even if it's open and some of it is gone) left over from a wine tasting, he should bring it home for me.



I'm leaving this morning for the annual guild retreat at Crieff Hills, a Presbyterian retreat facility. You don't need to be religious, or pray, to stay there - you just need to pay your rent. There are about 18 of us who go every year. This will be my project - the Dirty Dozen Challenge from my other guild, which needs to be complete by June's meeting.

Dirty Dozen Challenge:
  • 12 people (or groups of 12)
  • 60" fabric each, cut into 5" strips
  • each person gets one strip of each fabric
  • must use every fabric in a finished quilt
  • min. size 36" x 36"
  • may add up to 3 additional fabrics ( backing may be an extra fabric and won't count)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen,
    I've just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for sharing all the photos of all those lovely quilts.
    Hope you had a great time at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...