Monday, December 15, 2014

UFO, Placemats, Stash Report

In October, if you recall, I went up north with the Beach Girls and I managed to finish this top in spite of the puppy taking off with my stuff.

I was all hepped up on an Angela Walters quilting book when I got this loaded on the frame.
No.  None of the quilting shows on the front.  It's black polka dot fabric.  What did I expect?


But the back looks pretty darned gorgeous!  We are in the midst of dark and dreary December weather so it may be a while before I can photograph the front with any measure of success.
On the Caledonia Guild front, I took a pile of outdoors-ey fabric to the guild, that had been donated to me by a customer.  I added a bunch of my own leftovers to the pile, too. We made placemats for Meals on Wheels.

One of the gals even went home and brought back some placemats she'd made from orphan blocks.  I quilted 24 of them on a huge piece of backing & batting. I've returned them and the girls are doing binding so we can gift them in January.

STASH REPORT

Honestly.  Some people are just NEVER happy.  My stash report looks not-as-impressive as it should because I WON a kit at guild.  That added 6 m. to my report.  Totally not my fault. Although, I DO love the fabrics - all orange based.  Yum.

Used this month   12.6 m
Used YTD          81.55 m
Added this month   6 m **not my fault!!
Added YTD      125.75 m
Net YTD           + 44.2 m

I have three more quilts to finish up before Christmas and then I'm taking two weeks to do stuff around here.
The bedroom is getting a bit of a makeover.  The windows will get new roman blinds, side panels and valances, then a matching bed skirt.  I may even clean the windows and vacuum under the bed.  Although, really, I don't want to set my sights too high.  :-)
On the quilting front, I have the half-hexagon top that needs quilting, and the bowtie quilt that is supposed to be the UFO challenge.  Oops, I also have the Blooming 9-patch top that needs a border... also from the UFO challenge. 
If I keep adding things to this list I may call myself overwhelmed and just curl up with a good book instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...