Monday, July 9, 2012

Block of the Month Quilt & Ruffle-bum Onesies

This was a BOM that was run at the Caledonia guild last year.

I love how that gold-ish thread looks.

She had many half-squares left over from making the top, so she made a fancy back.  I was not able to get it perfectly centered, but it's pretty close.  I really love these surprise backs - much more interesting than plain backs.

A little more detail.

In anticipation of meeting my new grand-niece from Singapore, I was making ruffle-butt onesies.  Aren't they cute?
When I was out for dinner with friends last week, I was telling them about the onesies.  We got talking about our ruffle-bum panties from when we were little girls.  Teresa made me laugh when she said she always wore hers with the ruffles in the front, where she could see them.

2 comments:

  1. Uh.....hope that wasn't supposed to be a secret. Lol. Teresa...the cat is out of the bag!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...