Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Red Hats


I wanted a day out with the girls but the local Red Hat group was not accepting any new members. During one of our guild sewing days I brought the subject up (I was whining, actually). Several of the other girls also wanted to join a Red Hat group. I use the term 'girls' loosely since you must be 50 years of age to be a member. One of the quilters offered to be the Queen and got us up and running. We have a target date of the third Thursday every month for our get together. Our Queen is super organized and has a schedule of who is responsible for planning each outing. An excellent way of running the group, so no one person is saddled with entertaining us every month. We frequently end up at a quilt shop, since we are all quilters. I often feel sorry for other patrons at the restaurants we go to because we laugh so much and we're so loud. I love the days when we do something creative. In February we had Monika Shedden, a doll maker from Dundas, On., lead us through making our own cloth doll. It's a great way to have a day that is 'All About Me'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...