Monday, February 24, 2014

Winterruption

My Longarm friends (the Beach Girls) were here for the weekend.  It looks like something is missing from the breakfast table.  Hmm.  Ah - Baileys!!

I started working on a t-shirt quilt.  I gave up on Saturday night after I realized I accidentally cut up the border fabric for sashing.  That will teach me for drinking Southern Comfort Manhattans while I'm sewing.  I had more border fabric so I went back to the original plan on Sunday.

Carol Anne managed to finish a quilt top while she was here.  Diane cut a zillion tumbler patches with JAWS.  Debbie did lots of cursing while practicing creative piecing 101.  Karen was binding the 45 completed quilts she brought with her.
We have so much fun on these occasional get togethers.  Too much food, too much beverage, but just the right amount of laughter. 

Before they even got here I managed to throw my back out.  Then, on Saturday I took the top off a crown on one of my molars, so I have a dentist appointment today.  Today I should also be going to my Scrappy Club, but lugging all my stuff in and out of the church is not going to happen.  I think it'll be a couch day after the dental visit.  I think it was Erma Bombeck who warned us that growing old ain't for sissies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...