Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jeepers Creepers - That Block is in the Wrong Place

or... How to Fix a Quilt That's Already On the Machine

Identify bad block. Bad block, BAD!!





Unpick stitching and remove bad block. Bad block, BAD!! All gone.




Lay new block in place and pin prodigiously.





Carefully applique stitch (yes by hand).





Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Will it show after it's quilted? Again, absolutely not. Well, maybe a little bit, if someone is REALLY looking. But it's better than looking at a bad block for the rest of your life.


The problem is.... you just KNOW that Bad block, BAD! really belongs somewhere else on the quilt. But with it all rolled up like this you have no idea where. Until, of course, you get near the end. Can you see where the two little mauve squares are missing? I don't have the energy to deal with this today. That will be a tomorrow job. I think I'll just applique BbB on top.

I've been listening to the Beatles today, and siiiinging away. Poor DH is upstairs trying to watch some football game while I'm singing away at the top of my lungs.

Some lyrics that were very important social barometers of the day.
  • on the way the paper bag was on my knee, man I had a dreadful flight (hmm I may find this out the hard way soon)
  • Hey Bungalow Bill, what did you kill, Bungalow Bill? (I think everyone has an uncle like this)
  • I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping (please, don't remind me)
  • everybody's got something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey (that's no monkey silly, that's a dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...