Sunday, March 12, 2017

Trees 'n Stars #2 and Bitchin' About the Season

What a difference a change in colour makes.  This is the same quilt as two posts ago.

I swear (a lot, but that's beside the point) that ribbon border is one of my all time favorites.

Everything was s.i.d.  The background was cross-hatched, inside the stars got a circle & bowknot motif, the trees were quilted with a continuous loopy-thing, and the ribbon border was inside 1/4 inched.

Much easier to see the quilting on the back.  I love the Celtic Braid in the outer border.

BITCHIN'
Today is the SPRING FORWARD time change.  You have no idea how much I hate this coming week.  I will be dragging my ass every day trying to acclimate myself to an earlier wake-up.  I mean, it's 1:00 in the afternoon already.

The other unpleasant event this week is the impending STORM arriving tomorrow and continuing through Tuesday.  I don't have to go anywhere except the sweat shop in my basement, but it's the middle of March for Pete's sake!  When the temperature dropped from +10 c. to -5 c my poor little crocuses pulled their heads back into themselves like turtles.  I treated myself to a pot of tulips on the way home from retreat last Sunday, and they FROZE on the front porch, dammitall.  We are anticipating up to 30 cm. of snow (translation:  12 inches).

Today I plan to get a little feel-good into my schedule.  Seed Starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...