Monday, July 18, 2016

Jellyroll Donation Quilt & the First ZUCCHINI REPORT of 2016

I belong to an offshoot group of the Caledonia Quilt Guild, called the Scrappy Club.  In theory, we work with our scraps.  You know, the leftover bits from other projects.  In reality the ladies are often using lovely just-purchased fabrics that were always intended for a certain project.  But whatever - we mostly just like to sew together, have lunch together, and trade the odd bit of gossip.

But at our June meeting I HONESTLY used scraps.  Remnants.  Yay me!  I tried as best I could to pull together a range of creams, greens, reds, & golds.  It's not the prettiest of quilts, but it does have really cute border fabric.  Which, b.t.w. is ALSO a remnant from last year's Christmas gifts.

In an attempt to cutsie this up I added a cat applique.  Everybody loves cats, right?

The quilting really is super cute though - hugs & kisses.

And a nice label.  This is getting sent to Fort Mcmurray for the fire victims.  I will be dropping it off to Quilt Junction in Waterford as they are sending a shipment some time in August.

Now, drumroll please....

ZUCCHINI REPORT

Picked this week:  2
Complaints from Husband:  2
Picked YTD:        2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...