Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday's WIP, Red Hat Art, and a few thoughts on housework

Sometimes, feathers are just the prettiest darned things!

My Red Hat group spent Friday night at the local pub.  We're not usually allowed out after dark (ha ha ha) but we made an exception to take a wee art class.  I don't mind doing things badly - there is a quote that I am likely mis-remembering, but it sort of goes "if you want to be good at something, you have to be willing to be bad at it first".
Our teacher set us all up with easels, canvas, brushes, paint, water, and gave us plenty of instructions to get us on our way.  The restaurant provided the wine.  :-)
If you would like to make some art you can contact Brandie through her facebook page.

Sooo... housework.  For about the past six weeks darling hubby has been helping with the housework.  A lot.  After mom died I got way behind schedule on my quilting, which totally stresses me out.  Even though everyone has been very understanding, I know people want their quilts back.  Sooner rather than later.  DH is really good about vacuuming, if I ask him.  He'll wash the floors, if I ask him.  And he'll do the bathrooms, if I ask him twice, and if I ignore the teeth-gnashing.  But dusting?  Uh uh.  Nope.  He will say "what dust?"  Or "maybe after I cut the grass".  Or he could just be blunt and say "not gonna happen".  Anyhow, the past couple of days I've been looking at the dirt piling up on the floors.  I'm close to being back on track, work wise, so I dragged out the vacuum and the dusting paraphernalia.  OMG.  Just in time, apparently - the furniture was all meshed together with cobwebs!  If I'd let it go much longer it would have been the perfect spot to film the next Tim Burton movie.  (shudder)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...