Friday, May 8, 2015

Fancy Lone Star & Stash Report

I am sure there is a better name than Fancy Lone Star for this quilt,  but I have no idea what it might be.  :-)

Those three outer borders were treated like one and got a border design.
The setting squares were s.i.d. along the outside, and the inside (which outlined the star).

The small inner star was also s.i.d. then quilted with a motif to match the border.  As you can clearly see, straight line quilting finishes off the star.

Cross hatching in the green background talks nicely with the straight line quilting in the star.

Ooh,  Pretty back.
STASH REPORT
Good heavens.  Once again I have a 'not my fault' report.  I was the discussion leader at the last SOLO meeting (Southern Ontario Longarm Operators) where the topic was Modern Quilting.  I was given a thankyou gift of 8 m. worth of batik fabrics. I'm not sure what to do with it.  Make a quilt??  ha ha ha...
The other two meters was fabric I purchased at Keepsake Quilting.  We'll call that a souvenir, shall we?

Added this month 10 m.
Added y.t.d.           35 m
Used this month     0.  yup.  big.fat.zero.
Used y.t.d.             48.9 m
Net 2015              -13.9 m  So, I'm still down yardage, which is the important thing, right?

On the GARDENING front, my radishes have popped through the ground, and the volunteer lettuces are visible.  The peas should be out tomorrow - there is a wee bit of green showing but not enough to consider them sprouted.  Now that I've said that the darned birds will eat them all before morning.  (pea sprouts are much tastier than bean sprouts, in case you have never tried them)
And today's big news - I harvested TWO spears of asparagus.  Yay me.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. It kind of reminds me of a stone mosaic with all the tans, there's a thought for the name. It looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...