Sunday, August 10, 2014

Scooting, Quilting, Cross-border Picnic-ing, Zucchini

I took a scooter ride through Costco.  And, of COURSE the battery died in the middle of an aisle and made everyone back up their overloaded shopping carts and work their way(s) around me.  Poor DH was embarassed.  For years now I've been pointing a finger at him every time he does something UN-healthy, and telling him: "I'm not changing your diapers".  He's been so good over the past several years with all my broken bones that I've granted him up to 6 diapers now.  He should be good for maybe two days.
Here's the beautiful sampler I was working on when my, um, incident occurred.

This is the back.  Yum.

That quilt was SO much work, when it was finished it was time for a bit of a break, so I quilted some uber-cute rabbits on a baby quilt.

I washed up this quilt, made by the Caledonia ON guild, that is going to Caledonia NY to my sister guild.
Here's a bunch of us at the picnic hosted by the Caledonia, NY guild where we swapped the quilts.  One of the gals there is the local Nolting dealer, so we had a great chin-wag.
ZUCCHINI REPORT
Picked this week:  10
Picked YTD:        34

Today I think I'll make a batch of chick pea & zucchini salad.  It's great for lunch.  I make THIS recipe, using 1 can of chick peas and reducing the sugar to 1/3 cup.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilts are so stunning! I love the colors!
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on the beautiful sampler quilt. The bunnies are cute even though I have a hate on them at the moment as they are eating the garden like there is no tomorrow.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...