Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Applique Medallion

I love this quilt - such soft, pretty colours.

A nice bit of applique for the medallion center.

Many, many star blocks.  Those star blocks are simple to quilt - the path is (starting at the bottom of the | ):  |  \  -  /  |  \  -  /


Overall shot of the back.

Borders, including the corner.
BOOK
Here is a very good book I just finished about  teenagers dealing with cancer.  It has a few sad parts in the story but mostly it's just engaging.  Really well written.
GARDEN
I'm picking lettuce, and weeding most days.  Even though the forecast is calling for rain pretty much every day, we never seem to get any.  The garden got a thorough watering on the weekend, so the weeds have gone crazy.  If I had a gun, I'd shoot the friggin' rabbits.  They seem to think my garden is a walk-up salad bar. Those little bastards are eating off my beets, to the point that more than half of them are GONE.  Most of my beans are gone, so I replanted them on the weekend.  I sprinkled cayenne pepper on the beets for the second time last night, trying to save at least a couple for my own supper.  If you have any other suggestions I'd like to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...