Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lantern Quilt, another one

This Lantern Quilt was made by Doris - the gal who traveled to Asia with me in 2009. She made this as a souvenir quilt, using fabrics she bought on our trip.


I used a variegated thread - Signature 'Victorian'.
It has wool batting - my favorite.  It shows the quilting beautifully, and is very light in the quilt.

Hmm.  What I wish I was doing. 

Hah - you're thinking:  "Passed out under the coffee table????".  Well, perhaps getting there might have been fun, but no.  I just mean SLEEPING.  Today was another 5 am morning.  It is so frustrating to lay in bed feeling really tired, but unable to nod off.I woke up from a bad dream where I was fighting with DH over taking out the trash, and I was trying to refinish or paint something (?) and I'd left a teeny dog in a cardboard box for weeks without feeding it.  Crazy stuff.  As you can clearly see, I do not mistreat my dog.

I think I was stressed out over mom.  I went to visit yesterday and she was not happy.  Just not happy.  She wanted to come home with me.  She left me at the elevator which is really unusual.  It is so hard to see someone you love unhappy.  And not a darn thing you can do about it.

And, just so I don't leave you miserable and depressed:


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for my morning smile. I'd like to know how your dog got under the coffee table and how on earth is it comfy? Do you put a blankie down there for him?
    I really feel for you with your mom's situation. Brings back all those guilt memories. Just breathe. When things used to bother me I would think about running. Just running - perhaps away from it all. Visualizing. You can only do what you can do and for sure she is in the right place. They will look after your mom well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first:
    sorry for you and your stressful days.
    but come back better days again !!!

    secondly.
    tell your friend she has sewed a beautiful quilt. a really good idea to buy different fabrics on trips as souvenir !! :)

    greetings
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, today is the 1st time I've looked at your blog. Your quilting is truly lovely. I was moved to comment by your dream of having a pet that you neglected. I can't tell you how many times I've dreamed of my old horse Horatio, thinking I'd neglected to feed him for days at a time. Or something similar with my dog. I think it has something to do with feeling responsible for every little thing that happens in your life. My therapist tells me that this is a deep seated belief that is just not true. Food for thought. I understand your feelings about your mom, too, as my husband and I had years and years of such experiences with our parents before they were all passed away to their reward. Hang in there, you are obviously a compassionate, loving daughter. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting is beautiful! I love how you echoed the leaves in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from Dolores. You have a wonderful blog and do great machine quilting!
    It was nice visiting you, with a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...