Sunday, October 30, 2022

Seasonal Quilts & Tales From My Boring Life (boring is good)

I quilted these two back in July.  One for Christmas. 


One for fall.

This belongs to a friend of mine, for winter.


This is one of mine that is planned as a Christmas gift.

My life is generally pretty boring and I'm ok with that.  Boring is good!  Boring means you don't have to call your friend and repeat yourself because she can't understand what you're saying while you're crying and hiccupping and blowing your nose.  I actually had a not boring, really FUN week in October, though.

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to see Michael Buble.  He was excellent!  And what's even better, I was in a pretty big arena and did not get covid! I left the next morning to spend a week with the Beach Girls!

I have been watching Only Murders In The Building for the past couple of months.  It's a very entertaining show, with Martin Short, Steve Martin, and Selena Gomez.  Season 2 featured Shirley Maclean, and she was always drinking Cocotinis, so I decided to make Cocotinis my featured cocktail for the girls.  They are quite drinkable. 😋 The cocktail on the show has a layered appearance, showing pink on the bottom so I started with maraschino cherry syrup in the bottom of the glass, then ever-so-gently added the mixed cocktail on top.  I don't know what happened, but I did not get a photo, so you'll have to use your imagination.  I apologize for making you do the work. 

How we entertain ourselves whilst sewing.  Identities have been disguised to protect the innocent.

The only lovely sunset was our final evening, while we were trying to eat up all the leftovers.  Even though we reduced the number of meals we brought this year we STILL had too much food. 


I came home three pounds heavier than I was when I left. I decided to confuse The Universe with reverse psychology.  Fingers crossed that it works.

OMG, those are ridiculously good.  Apple Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Cream Cheese Icing.  People need to stop giving me produce and fruit.  I feel compelled to BAKE something to share with them as a thankyou.

In the week I've been  home I have managed to finally finish the 20 flannel pillowcases for the hospice that took care of my s.i.l. during her last days.

Tomorrow it's back to normal...guild meeting on Monday, quilting work for two weeks, peel the remaining apples and make applesauce, do something with the butternut squashes, plant the garlic, ...

1 comment:

  1. I thought Murder in the Building was a movie, but what the heck do I know,I will definitely check this show out thanks Helen

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...