Sunday, July 28, 2019

Kaffe Fasset Chevrons, the Annual Zucchini Report, Recipe

I love bright quilts.  It must be the inner child in me.  And lord knows, enough people have told me to "grow up" over the years.  Not sure that will ever happen...

**Note - this is a Kaffe pattern, not necessarily Kaffe fabrics.
The simplicity of the design really makes the bright fabrics pop.

S.I.D. and simple motifs.

What a lovely view on the back.

So... after last week's post a friend of mine made reference to me losing my title as Zucchini Queen.  Dammit.  I picked this little guy - it's about the size of my thumb.  I HAD to get my numbers (or number, I guess) on record.  It went in a pasta dish.
LAZY PASTA RECIPE - serves 2 with some leftovers

  • 2 cups of rotini.  Cook as per package directions.
  • drain (but do not rinse) the cooked pasta and return it to the pot, OFF the heat.
While the pasta is cooking:
  • 4 cups of assorted chopped/sliced veggies, lightly sauteed to whatever level of tenderness you prefer.  I used onion, zucchini (see above 😄), broccoli, celery, sweet pepper, pea pods.  I basically cleaned out the crisper.
  • 2 sausages that had been barbequed a few days earlier were thin-sliced and added to the veggies.  You can use pretty much any kind of meat you have cooked and waiting to be either et or pitched.
  • 1/4 cup of pesto - add this to the cooked rotini, then add the veggies/meat.
  • combine everything in the pot and leave it covered, off the heat, for a few minutes.


**I made a ton of pesto last year and froze it in 1/4 cup portions.  I still have a few containers left and will be making another batch for the freezer soon.


This is my evening view when I sit ruminating over the loss of my zucchini crown.  So.Sad.

ZUCCHINI REPORT 2019
Picked this week: 1
Picked YTD:        1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...