Sunday, January 27, 2019

Hallowe'en In January/To-Do List/Technology Whining

Because I'm someone who has three Christmas quilts, two sets of Christmas pillowcases, two sets of Christmas placemats, and a set of Christmas napkins, I TOTALLY understand someone's desire to celebrate the seasons with themed quilts.
So cute. 🎃

I used a medium grey thread and quilted a design of bats.

The back is the best place to see the design.

As far as my Winter Holiday To-Do List progress, it's kind of stalled.  The drapery panels and the linings are all cut.  The decorator fabric has been hemmed.  The lining hems are pinned but not stitched.  I dug around in the cobwebby recesses of storage where I keep drapery sundries to discover that I don't have any drapery weights.  That means I either have to go to the fabric shop, or I have to ask DH if he has any stainless steel washers about 1" in size.  I also have 2 custom quilts and 1 panto that I want to finish before the end of the week, along with a dentist appointment and two guild meetings.  So my time this coming week is all accounted for.  Maybe I'll get back to the drapes next weekend.

TECHNOLOGY WHINING
I left the Royal Bank in 1998 and started this little home business, which has been working really well for me.  My darling brother wanted me to be efficient, so he gave me (Christmas present, maybe?) a copy of Money 98 so I could do my bookkeeping.  This was back in 1998.  I've been using that program ever since - if it ain't broke, don't fix it - right? So...I needed to look for something yesterday and tried to open the software.  Fuddle Duddle!! 
I am assuming there is a 20 year something-kind-of-deadline which expired on December 31, 2018.  Even though I've backed up my files religiously, and I have 75% of my bookkeeping already input for 2018, I can't get at it.  Now, my project (because the Universe thinks I NEED a project) will be to see if there's some kind of upgrade available from Microsoft, or if I'm chewed, screwed, and tattooed.  It is also possible (but not likely) that the Windows Update that needs to be downloaded will fix this problem.  What do you think the chances are, hmm?

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell for sure from the picture but are you by any chance using Edge as your browser? For the last several days, I have been having the exact same issue. Some of the time, clicking on REFRESH THIS PAGE works, but not always. I think it's an Edge problem, not a software problem. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good Luck, Riley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Riley, no - I use Google Chrome. After I did the Windows 10 update the software opened, but my data was gone. Thank goodness I have it backed up!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...