Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dresden Plate

I have a major fondness for Dresden Plate quilts.  I already have two finished quilts of my own, and I have another one in the works from donated 'plates'.  Quilting this beauty was a real pleasure, that's for sure!

The red background fabric is not a common sight, and really makes the colours pop.

The plates were s.i.d. around the outer edge and the inner circle, and the blades were simply quilted with continuous long loops.  The centers were trapuntoed with a second layer of Hobbs 80/20 batting for added pouf.

A lacey motif fills the negative space.
 So, how did y'all feel about the SNOW this week?  Honestly.  Snow on April 21st.  What is this world coming to?  My poor daffodils have been beautifully blooming for a week or two but they were NOT happy with the freeze.  I said some very unladylike words and stayed inside, quilting. 

I have so many quilts on the go here it is kind of ridiculous.  I am STILL three quilts behind schedule, with seven more penciled in on my calendar for the coming week.  Yesterday I threw in the towel and went on a field trip with a friend.  There is a Tupperware outlet in Ancaster!  So we started with lunch, then Tupperware shopping.  That was followed up with a stop at William Dam Seeds in West Flamborough, then off to Limeridge Mall to load up on Bath & Bodyworks product.

Since I was all stocked up on soaps, I got my hands dirty in seed-starting mix. 
  • Roma tomatoes
  • cherry tomatoes
  • cayenne peppers
  • cucumbers
  • cabbage
  • basil
In another week I will start the zucchini (yay!!!  Darling Husband - sorry about your luck.  ha ha ha) and the butternut squash and probably some flowers.  I really must get the quilts up to date before spring really hits, because I will be out playing in the dirt.  The forecast for the next 7 days is warmer and warmer...

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your knack with the vegetable garden. Last year we put in a raised bed to try vegetables for the first time in many years. Everything survived, but absolutely nothing grew! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year WAS kind of a crummy summer. You must try again this year Sandra!

      Delete

Please - share your wisdom...