Monday, June 28, 2010

Lawn Swing part II and seasonal salads

First job is to hit the garden. I picked a lovely bouquet of daisies, black eyed susans, phlox and lilies. Harvested a head of lettuce (mmm, Boston lettuce - my absolute favorite), four small beets and my first zucchini of the season. My new seasonal thing is to bring in the lettuce, disassemble and wash it, then put the leaves in my Tupperware lettuce keeper (I looove my Tupperware). I (ok, ok, it is usually DH) make a LARGE batch of salad 'guts'. You know, the peppers, celery, cucumber, carrots, etc. These go in their own Tupperware. The guts are usually enough for three or four salads, so I make a fresh salad each evening by tearing up three or four lettuce leaves and adding guts, feta cheese, nuts or sunflower seeds, maybe some strawberries or blueberries, and dress it with a homemade dressing. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

On to the swing... much progress today. The seat cushion:
When I make the boxing strip with the zipper, I include a little pocket that the zipper tab hides under. This stops it from wearing a hole in the seat BACK which is behind the seat.
I had to put fresh padding and 'underpants' on the arms.
Then little slipcovers.
Looking pretty nice...
All that is left to make are the skirt pieces and the pillows. The poor old gal is in desperate need of paint so later this week I'll take it all apart, wirebrush it, prime the rusty spots and paint it black. There are so many layers of paint on this thing it's actually funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...