Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stinky in Caledonia - update

CRAP air update: I spoke to the Ministry of Environment this morning. Ms. Ministry was initially incorrect in her information to me. The 'product' going on the farm field is Hamilton's Green Bin Compost. The farmer can buy it 'off the shelf' (so to speak) so it is not regulated by the MOE. After this is spread, farmer brown will be spreading Nutrapel (sp?) which is a highly treated, pelleted sewage sludge. This is also 'off the shelf' and is not regulated by the MOE. Only after these two products have been spread will they be tilled in to the soil (which will knock down the odour substantially).

This means I am shit-out-of-luck. No pun intended. Both items have incredibly noxious odours and the wind just keeps blowing towards our property. Why couldn't they spread nice friendly horse manure? (seriously - that usually does have a sort of pleasant country odour)

This afternoon I MUST go out and put the second top coat on the garage doors. I sure hope my olfactory gland gets very tired very quickly and stops noticing the stink. Makes me feel like I wasted my time washing my hair this morning.

I don't want to leave you feeling like I'm totally grumbly today. Funny marriage story:
Back in the early years of our marriage I was cooking a turkey, likely around Thanksgiving. I could not, for the LIFE of me, find the turkey baster.
Me: "Honey, have you seen the turkey baster? I can't find it it any of the drawers."
DH: "Yea, it's downstairs on my work bench."
Me: "What??? Why?"
DH: "I needed it for the car."
Me: " " (silence)

Last weekend I wanted to wash out the cast iron frying pan that had leftover burnt hot dogs in it (a true gourmet weekend!). I normally don't use soap on the cast iron, just hot water and a plastic pot scrubber. You guessed it, I could not find the pot scrubber.
Me: "Honey, have you seen the pot scrubber? I can't find it anywhere."
DH: "Yea, it's in the garbage."
Me: "What??? Why?"
DH: "I needed it for the toilet."
Me: " " (silence)

There are some questions you just shouldn't ask.

And I'll leave you with one of my postcards.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. I wonder if there is anything in the garage you could use in the kitchen? You know - as sort of payback?

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...