Saturday, July 18, 2009

Art Nouveau Quilt

This beauty incorporates custom embroidery - the leaves, flowers and butterflies were digitized from the fabric. The leaf border design came from a Welsh Quilting design book.


I've just finished reading The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. What a good book!!! I saw a preview for the movie a few weeks ago so I ordered the book from the library. While I stayed up way past my bedtime last night in order to finish the book I was very glad there were no fashion police around to see me... orange & brown striped flannel lounge pants and a hot pink sweatshirt. Yee gads. It's been so friggin' cold I was contemplating hauling in some firewood and warming up my workroom yesterday. Seriously. In July. I didn't - only because DH woulda killed me. Even though he doesn't care if I wear orange and brown with hot pink.

Here's a stupid joke that has gotten stuck in my brain from weeks ago. I cannot remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I remember this. Go figure.
You must say this out loud to get the full effect.

A noise annoys an oyster. But a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Ha, ha, ha, ha. Still makes me laugh (very low threshold for humour).

2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully. Welsh-style handquilting is on my someday list.

    I saw that joke when it was posted too. Very clever and memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...