Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Birthday Fabric Sorting

Today is my birthday.  The Universe decided I should NOT go shopping.  She dumped a ton of wet, heavy snow on southern Ontario last night and today.  I have postponed my shoe purchasing until Friday.

Instead, I dove into the pile of fabric that was gifted to me by one of my customers.  She cleaned out her cupboard and was giving this stuff to the goodwill.  When I got over my shock I quickly agreed to take it off her hands.

I have sorted out fabric into piles, enough to make 11 small quilts that my guild members can make up into chemo quilts for the local hospital.  I also needed to dip into my own stash for a couple of meters of fabric, but that's ok, I have plenty to spare.



The pattern I am enclosing in each package is this one from maryquilts.com  Each kit will still need 2 m for backing and about 1/2 m for the skinny strips.

Honestly, I feel like I fell into the honey pot.

Tonight I will close out my birthday with the last few episodes of Season 2 of Downton Abbey, and a nice generous slab of chocolate cake made by darling DH, washed down with a glass of red wine.  Ahh...


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and enjoy Downton. If you ever feel like something a little lighter, there's Doc Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Ive really enjoyed reading your blog the last few days. Enjoy the cake and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely way to spend a birthday and made even more wonderful when you can pass on gifted fabrics to a cause worth supporting!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...