Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Oh, My Stars and Jet Lag

The quilt that had to sit 'on hold' for a week while I was in Bali is finished.
The pattern is Oh, My Stars by American Jane (AJP 255).

What a beautiful job the piecer did.  All the fabrics came from her stash.
Whenever I try to make any Lone Star type blocks they end up with a pronounced D-cup in the middle.  These were all beautiful and flat.

Ooh - love the back!!
Coming back from Bali left me with 12 hour jet lag to get over.  I checked on Facebook to see if I could update my status to Calamity Jane, but no, there's no such status.
So far I have:
  • dumped the dog's kibble into her water dish (which was full of water)
  • made a lovely breakfast pastry that looked like it was run through the washing machine
  • made a pizza for supper but the dough did not rise one little bit, so we darn near wore our jaws out eating it
  • broke the handle on my FAVORITE tea pot
  • twisted my ankle when the neighbour's farm dog came after us on our walk
I am hoping this will be a more...uncomplicated week.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting choices Helen! It looks absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is really quite striking.....your quilting compliments it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the piecer and the quilter did a fabulous job on it. The gal that pieced it does phenomenal work as does the long arm quilter. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...