Saturday, April 20, 2013

Kaffe Fassett quilt

Red, red, and more red.  Wow - I love it.

It is very hard to see the quilting on this baby, but the wool batting pumps up the volume a bit.  Lots of s.i.d.

The center panel was done with straight lines in the background.  For the flower I quilted along the design lines.  A bit like paint-by-number.  :-)

Lovely on the back...
Thursday was Red Hat day and I got so carried away with my project I forgot to take any photos.  We went to Crock a Doodle in Brantford which is a paint-your-own-pottery studio.  I did up a new teapot for myself, since I broke my other one when I came home from Bali.  Everything is supposed to be fired and ready for pickup on Tuesday.  Yee hah!  I am ticked off with Mother Nature again, though.  Thursday was so warm we stopped for ice cream.  This morning we had more snow.  STOP IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and your quilting really enhances it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting.....Karen

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...