Saturday, August 22, 2009

Morning Out Class Quilt, Outdoorsey Quilts

I have Floyd unplugged for a while because it is pouring rain with thunder & lightening AGAIN. Hubby got the patio bricks finished this week - yippee!! Now we have our outdoor dance hall back. Not that he'll dance. But the dog & I....

Here is the actual sample quilt for the Morning Out classes. This is a 48 x 60 - I've also written the pattern to include a single size and a double size.





It seems to be the season for outdoorsey quilts. I did the two fishing quilts a couple weeks ago. Now I've done a bear quilt and a wild animal quilt. I also have another moose quilt in the lineup.







I quite enjoyed quilting the snowflakes in this blue border because it was about 100 degrees at the time. Cooled off my mind, if nothing else.

3 comments:

  1. Helen, did you freehand the ferns/ swirls or is it a panto pattern?
    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ferns are freehand. Make a curvy spine, stitch ferns up one side then down the other.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...