Monday, May 25, 2009

Female Hormones

This quilt is a pretty wedding gift for someone.

Last weekend was busy - out with family on Friday night to see Star Trek (very good movie! Although I'm not sure about Winona Ryder as Spock's mom?) and then company for dinner on Saturday. This weekend was no-busy and beautiful weather to boot.
I've been obsessed with the idea of a Drunkards Path quilt for years but cutting the pieces always put me off. While DH was out planting the veggie garden I put Jaws to work cutting out the top.

I was in the midst of a female hormone boost, zipping around like a fart in a windstorm. I know it's not just ordinary energy because the steel wool chin hairs are also enjoying a hormone boost. Damned things.
The top's all done. I plan to cut the striped border down into scallops after the quilting is complete. The floral print was the challenge fabric that Paducah-bus-trip-seat-mate-Karen picked out for beach-day-Diane and I. We have until next April to finish. I think I'm ahead of the game at this point. nyahh nyahh Oops, how childish of me. On the down side, now I have ANOTHER UFO.

I dug up a third of the cutting garden to pull horrid barn grass out. Two thirds to go.... And have you ever grown garlic? If you leave some flowers to turn into little bulblets they spread like crazy. The clumps are so thick I was feeling nauseous from the garlic fumes, and I LIKE garlic. A lot of that is going in the compost. Moving in to the middle third, it will be chives making me sick. They are thick as hair on a dog's back, too.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog.

    Can't wait to see your Drunkard's Path quilt. Colors are so soothing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and fabrics in Drunkards Path.
    Steel Wool - too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...