Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sunbonnet Sue and a recipe for dinner

Isn't this a cute quilt to be working on? The weather today is horrible - pounding rain, thunder & lightning. I have Pretty Boy Floyd (my longarm) unplugged because he is very sensitive to hydro surges. For now, at least, I will be sewing. This is a quilt 'finishing' job. Susie needs borders, and the backing put together. Then I'll quilt and bind it.

I'd rather be working on something of my own on this kind of day, but you-know-who is very busy chasing her tail and needs someone to BRING HOME THE PUPPY CHOW. Hence, the work for pay. At least I love what I do for a living.
















Recipe - UBER easy
Spaghettini with Broccoli and Ham, serves 4

8 oz (250 g) spaghettini (or whatever pasta is in your pantry)
3 C. (750 ml) chopped fresh broccoli
1/4 C. (50 ml) olive oil
8 oz (250 g) extra lean ham, sliced or diced, however you like
1/2 C. (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
2 green onions, matchstick sliced

  • cook pasta, adding broccoli for the last 2 minutes
  • drain & return to pot
  • add olive oil, ham, cheese, onion and toss to coat
  • open a nice bottle of wine (for the cook who worked so hard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...