Thursday, July 3, 2008

Binding quilts

I am sooo sick with a sore throat/cold/fatigue/muscle aches I have not been up to anything. I've been on the couch watching Sex & the City dvds, and The Other Boleyn Girl. However, I DID use the lavender eye pillow my friend gave me last year when I lay down for a nap yesterday. Thanks Jean! I got upright for about an hour, late yesterday afternoon. I was up at 5:30 this morning because my throat hurt too much to get back to sleep. Pity me, please.

One of the sewing machines I have is an industrial with a binding attachment.  The Bindall.

I buy precut binding 2" wide (from the USA of course - nothing is available here in Canada). This does a very serviceable job on quilts that are not necessarily heirloom, but will be used and loved.

As a personal testimonial, this binding is on my very first longarm (actually shortarm in '99) quilted bed quilt. It has been through the washer and dryer a zillion times. It's fine.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me where you buy parts for your machine. I have one like it that I need a part for and can't find it anywhere. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot reply directly to you. However, try contacting a service person who looks after industrial sewing machines. If there is any kind of sewing company near you (clothing, bedding, etc) they could tell you who they use.

      Delete

Please - share your wisdom...