Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Pretty Border and the Guild Sewing Day

I still have the plague, but I have been trapped in the house, under self-imposed quarantine for over a week. So I went to guild sewing day on Wednesday - I told the girls they had to stay five feet away from me. And I brought my hand sanitizer. Today I went to a quilt show in Stoney Creek - that was fun. I even bought some Christmas presents! No, silly, not for me. sheesh. Thank goodness my eyeballs are no longer red - I was looking like a werewolf for several days there.

GUILD SEWING DAY
We did some work on what will be the guild donation quilt. We made all the sashing strips for a 20 block quilt. The 9-patches were made in a relay race we ran as a program one night - the losing team had to bring the treats for the rest of the year. The blocks have come from the Block of the Month samples that get made by whoever is doing the b.o.m. that month. Sue and I separated them into 'white-based' blocks for this quilt, and non-white based blocks which will go into another quilt.

THE PRETTY BORDER
These two border treatments look just beautiful together. The narrow border is 'ric rack', which is done freehand using the piecing as a guideline for consistent spacing. The outer border is 'orange peel' and I use circle templates to stitch that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...