Sunday, April 3, 2016

Vintage Tin by Crabapple Hill Studio, and Vacation Forecast!

I had some fun working on this!  The pattern is Vintage Tin by Crabapple Hill Studio.  Link HERE.

I love quilts that are done in blues & browns.  I find them very restful.

Outside of the two zillion flying geese, there are only a couple of pieced blocks.

The quilt, for the most part, is made from embroidered blocks and sashings.  Most of the embroidery was outline quilted.  All the geese and sashings were s.i.d.  And I have the sore elbow to prove it.

Leftovers for the back, of course.

I know that Mother Nature is pissed off at me for sure. Can you see the snowfall warning?  Up to eight inches of snow.  On April 3rd.  Jeez Louise!
Normally, I wouldn't care too much.  I work at home.  I have fireplace.  That means I can stay warm, and there's enough wine in the cellar to keep me quiet for at least a week.  BUT I'M GOING ON VACATION TOMORROW.  AND I'M DRIVING.  TO MASSACHUSETTS.
Assuming I make it, I'll be going to the New England Quilt Museum to see the Japanese Quilts, and then heading to MQX in New Hampshire.  What is it the St. Bernard dogs carry around their neck.. is it brandy?  Maybe I need to pack one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...