Thursday, July 30, 2015

UFO Work on Vacation

OK, it's not really work.  Bad choice of words.  Thank goodness that's not how I make my living, or I might be fighting with Sadie over her dog food.  I'm on vacation, doing what I LIKE to do.
Jean and I spent the morning at the beach and (gasp) went swimming!  We came home, had a late lunch, and washed off the beach salt.  Jean got down to reading and I pulled out the Asian Batiks (from my Singapore niece Christmas 2013). Coincidently, they popped up as the UFO project for July/August, when she was actually HERE in July.
I think I showed you the planned quilt.  If not, I guess you will just have to be patient.
I am sewing on the corner blocks (navy blue) and restitching 1/2" away.  That will give me the blocks I want PLUS two bonus half-square triangle blocks, which will probably go in the border.
Tonight's entertainment is the LIVE Big Band performance from 6 - 8 pm at the Gazebo In The Park, Bandstand at Mitchell Field, Harpswell.  Tomorrow we should be making sure we get a lobster supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...