Monday, November 10, 2008

Today's finished quilt

This is definitely one of the cutest quilts I've worked on this year. It was quite a challenge deciding how to quilt it.


I started with the music.







The borders got stitch in the ditch, wonky zig zags, and some leafy/flowery quilting in the applique.














The circles were s.i.d. in the curves, zig zags in the strips, and a wee flower in the centre.





In the background areas I did curly feathers around an oval shape, with ribbon candy inside the oval.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Helen - I had to come over here from MQR to see some more of this quilt. I love this fun quilt. Thank you for posting some closeups so we can really see the work. What color thread did you use? It looks like King Tut but yellow and purple. I'll have to find that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the MOST beautiful quilt I've ever seen....tho I have never seen one I didn't like. How long would this take to make....the maker deserves a metal!!!!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, It's Robbie...I always love visiting your blog to see what's new with you. You do such beautiful work. I used to enjoy quilting but now with my boys and my business, there seems to be little time for it.

    Anyway, I love this little quilt. The flowered border is so cute and the radiating circles remind me of a mariner's compass (sort of). The quilting is beautiful too. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...