Friday, November 14, 2008

Busy Week

Tuesday I taught my quilt class in the morning, then ran Mom around to her appointments in the afternoon. Later, (angel that I am) I brought her home and fed her supper. Wednesday was quilt guild all day & evening. When I got home at 10:15 pm I had to make a dozen double-decker egg salad sandwiches for Thursday. That's when I volunteered at the Victorian Tea for the little museum in town. I'm now officially dog tired. I wonder if that's connected somehow to the expression "my dogs are barking"?

I love my Caledonia Guild. We sew all day, have a catered supper from Cafe Amore, then our meeting runs from 7:30 'till 9:30-ish.

At our guild this month we had Judy Lyons, a quilt appraiser from Burlington, On., give us a talk and trunk show. I had her appraise two of my quilts while she was there.


I also brought the Quilt of Valour for show & share. It's all ready to go whenever the need arises. Charlotte completed the binding and Lydia made the label. Thanks girls!




Here is a quilt I've finished working on this week. I taught this class last fall. All the quilts from these classes (I taught it twice) have been just fabulous. The pattern is from the book by Debbie Caffrey, Open a Can of Worms

Do you have a funny little quote that's been in your head for years? Mine is from the book Illusions by Richard Bach (who also wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull). "You are never given a wish without being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...