Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A Winter Quilt & A Donation

 This is a beautiful quilt made from a panel.  As you know, Winter Is Coming.


I love this gal's work.  She cut up the panel, did some math, made lots of patchwork, then put it all together.

Even the back is lovely.

Back in the spring my friend and I were horrified about what was happening in Ukraine, and we decided to put our stashes together and make a quilt for donation.

Here's the final product.


A closeup of the quilting - sunflowers.

I also made some placemats to go with the quilt.

I'm pleased to say that I delivered the quilt and placemats to the Hamilton branch of the Ukraine Canadian Congress last week.

That must have worn me out...here's what I just finished.

Ha ha ha, that tiny little thing is for a guild swap - a mug & mug rug.

I've kept up my energy by eating lots of Kale Salad.  My goodness, that stuff is very resilient.  
DH said: (with a fake sad face) The kale is dead.  It didn't survive that cold snap.
Me: Uh, nope, you should go take another look.
DH:  What?  No...it was all droopy and wilted.
Me:  Uh, nope, it has recovered quite nicely!
DHmutter, mutter, mutter... 😖
RECIPE FOR KALE SALAD
227 g kale, chopped (massage with lightly oiled hands for a few minutes)
2 apples or pears, cut into matchsticks
56 g sliced almonds, lightly toasted
DRESSING
1 tbsp dijon mustard
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar

Whisk dressing ingredients together.  Toss kale, fruit, almonds with dressing.

I'll close this post with a pic of my useless assistant.  She was stuck at home on a very rainy Friday instead of playing with her friends at daycare.  She's missing a tail, so she does a piss-poor job of sweeping up threads.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt and placemats for the Ukraine! Lovely idea!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...