Thursday, July 6, 2017

Summer Hours and Garden Update

Summer hours.  If I were a normal person that would probably mean I was knocking off at noon on Friday and heading up to the cottage for a long Long Weekend.  But oh, nooo.  Not me.  Here was my Monday this week:

9:00 - 11:00
  • shower
  • strip bed
  • clean four bathrooms, remove shower curtains for laundering
  • put away a load of laundry from... several days ago.  Can't remember.
  • wash two loads of laundry
  • hang one load on the solar dryer
11:00 - 12:00
  • pick garden produce
  • rehang the washed shower curtains
  • put fresh sheets on the bed
  • put away last night's clean dishes
12:00 - 12:40
  • lunch - leftover orzo pasta salad, blueberry/banana loaf with almond butter
12:40 - 1:25
  • take down & put away load #1 of laundry
  • hang load #2 on solar dryer
1:25 - 2:00
  • take Sadie & DH for a walk
2:00 - 3:00
  • go down to my sweatshop & quilt
3:00 - 3:20
  • take down & put away load #2 of laundry
  • hang load #3 on solar dryer
3:20 - 5:40
  • surreptitiously eat 5 Twizzlers.  It's either that or a cocktail.  Did I make the right choice?
  • go back to sweatshop & quilt
5:40 - 6:00
  • eat supper.  Thank God DH cooks because it seems I ran out of time today.
6:00 - 6:10
  • bring in and put away laundry load #3
6:10 - 7:10
  • relax with the newspaper and the Sudoku puzzle
7:10 - 9:00
  • gardening.  Which is a euphemism for 'weeding' and 'swatting mosquitos' and 'crying'.  Pics follow.  I think I want a wife.

This was taken on June 11th

A similar view on July 3rd.  Wowza!!  Three weeks growth.
So, yeah, all the rain we had made my garden sooo happy!  Especially all the grass!  I could probably hide dead bodies in there and no one would find them.  I am resorting to my favorite mulch system - newspaper.
I have about 1/4 of the garden mulched with newspaper & compost.
I keep running out of newspapers.

Now, I'll leave you with a couple of 'pretty' pictures.
The left half of the cutting garden, which is in front of the veggie bed.
The evening sky on Canada Day, after the rain finally stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...