Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Trees 'n Stars, and UFOs

This quilt belongs to one of my favorite piecers.  She is VERY accurate and her quilts are always perfectly flat.

I will really miss her - she's moving out-of-country soon. ๐Ÿ˜ž

THE CURRENT CROP OF UFOs

There are actually a few more than what I've included here.  These are the ACTIVE projects.

1)  150 Canadian Women - this gets attention every week, when the three new block patterns arrive to my inbox.  I've completed 40 blocks so far, two are behind schedule, and three more arrived this morning.  I normally work on this one night a week as I enjoy a glass of "magic sparkle juice" (ha ha, cute new term for wine, as per Angela Walters).

2)  Leader & Ender quilt, pattern by Bonnie Hunter.  I think I started this last summer.  It stays beside my sewing machine.  Whenever I'm sewing anything, as I finish a seam, instead of cutting the threads I stick in a bit of this patchwork.  Last week I completed the 60 x 9-patch units and I had no more pieces cut.  I spent two hours last night cutting green 2" x 5" pieces, and yellow 2" x 2" pieces so I can carry on with the next part of this quilt.  Hopefully this will be completed before my 70th birthday (9 years from now - waddaya think... will I do it???).

3) Hugs & Kisses quilt.  This is a very scrappy quilt that I drag along when I go to retreats.  It hasn't seen the light of day since last fall, but the Binbrook retreat is coming up in early March so I should make some progress on it.  Oops, it HAS seen the light of day, when I took it out to take this pic. ๐Ÿ˜‰
You may have noticed that quilts 1) and 2) live in the clear plastic boxes that your pre-cut salad greens are in.  I LOVE those things.  I actually pulled one out of the ditch last week when Sadie & I were out for a walk.  They're wonderful for keeping your cut pieces nice & flat and they easily hold blocks up to 6 1/2" without wrinkling them.  And that is your free tip for the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...