Monday, September 26, 2016

Modern Neutrals & tomato recipe

This lovely neutral quilt is destined to be a wedding gift.

Since this is for a young couple - what young person does not like music?

I pulled a nice co-ordinating sashing design to go with the musical border.

The brown panels hide the quilting (for the most part) but were stitched with a puzzle design.

I am in the throws of tomato season.  So far I've done 15 jars of salsa and 21 quarts of diced tomatoes.  Last night for supper I made a Tomato Tart, using a recipe from the newspaper.  If you google "tomato tart" you will get a bunch of recipe ideas, many incorporating mustard and/or additional cheeses, etc.  This one is dirt simple and it tasted pretty good.  I just served it with chicken cutlets & lemon wedge.  And wine. :-)

As you might have guessed, I am done (!) with zucchini reports for the year.  I'm kinda swamped this time of year between the garden and the guilds starting up again.  I didn't manage to work on my quilt challenge over the last two months, so I will repeat the same challenge for September & October. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with it this time.

TOMATO TART

  • 1 puff pastry
  • 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 fresh chopped basil
  • 1 T. fresh chopped oregano
  • 1.5 lbs. fresh tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
Roll out the pastry to 13" square.
Mix the cheese & herbs, then sprinkle on the center 11" of the pastry.
Layer the tomato slices on the center 11" of the pastry.
Turn up the outer 1" of pastry all around like a crust.
Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...