Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Beautiful Embroidery and Never Too Old For A Little Excitement

Machine Embroidery was used to make the beautiful bird & butterfly blocks.

Quilting in the outer border doesn't really show on the busy fabric.  Everything else was s.i.d., with Egg & Dart in the blue border, then a motif in all the geese units.

Background x-hatching took f.o.r.e.v.e.r.
The embroidered blocks were quilted first by the quilt maker, then they were sashed and appliqued to the background.  I did not quilt inside them at all, except for the s.i.d. on both sides of the sashing.

It turns out that even at the ripe old age of 60 I can still find things that excite me.  Today, for example, I washed a load of laundry.  It was two hours later when I went downstairs to get the wet items out of the washer and hang them outside on the solar dryer.  Oh, you should have heard the piercing scream when the *!*!!$#! centipede surprised me.   8O
I friggin' HATE those things.  But, I can assume now that my heart is in good shape.

ZUCCHINI REPORT

Picked this week:  6
Picked YTD:    39

A friend of mine from Manitoulin Island emailed me today to report that a zucchini is going for $3 up there.  If I were selling mine I would have enough $$ to pay for the shoes that I ordered online last weekend.  ha ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...