Friday, May 1, 2015

Folk Art Applique Quilt

This is a lovely hand appliqued quilt... not too big.

Quilting was kept pretty simple.  Quarter inch outlining of the applique and s.i.d. that skinny black border and the sashing.  The inner applique needed a filler, too.

The background corner motif matches the sashing motif.

I love the slightly wonky, very old-fashioned feel to this.
GARDEN UPDATE
Last Sunday I planted:
  • peas
  • lettuce
  • garlic transplanted from where it should not have grown (but did?)
  • spinach
  • radish
  • beets
My wee sprouts in the basement under lights are going gangbusters!  At least the tomatoes and the cabbage are.  I'm still waiting for the basil and the peppers to sprout.  I'm heading off to Margaret's in a half hour for a weekend of stitching & eating.  Oh, and the quilt show in Peterborough.  So I'm leaving DH in charge of the greenery and the dog.  Or is it the dog in charge of DH?  I think hubby already has two invitations for meals while I'm away so there is no worry about him starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...