Sunday, January 19, 2014

One Custom, One Pantograph

This was an interesting quilt to work on.  The maker added trapunto batting behind the ladies in the alternate blocks.

I stitched around the ladies, really close to the design lines, and they pouffed up beautifully.

I love working on bright quilts on nasty, grey, winter days.
The pantograph is a perfect match for the appliqued flowers, and the variegated thread works really well with the quilt design.
Yesterday DH and I had a date with 1-800-LUKE and his wife for an afternoon matinee and then dinner.  We went to see Saving Mr. Banks, with Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson.  Good movie - I give it a 2 kleenex rating.  I was born in 1956, so Mary Poppins came out when I was 8 years old.  I grew up on Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  And I can spell it, too.  (ha ha)  I was tsk tsk-ing through the whole flic over the author's nasty behaviour with the Disney writers.  Spoiler alert:  they all live happily ever after in the end.

Afterwards, at dinner, DH made some joke about being a sensitive man.  Then I said that Nick Lowe has a song called Sensitive Man.  I was in love with Nick in my 20's when he released Pure Pop For Now People, and I guess I'm still in love with him today.  I just discovered that he was married to Johnny Cash's daughter.  Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...