Friday, May 31, 2013

Donation Quilts & Garden Report

These are the donation quilts I was working on at Margaret's, up in the Kawarthas, in between bottles of wine cups of tea.

 - first up is the green/yellow that is destined for the Quilts of Valour.  Lots of remnants went into this.

These next two lap quilts are going to the Juravinsky for chemo patients.  There is a manly DUCK quilt, and a cute tiny-flower quilt that inadvertently had some spare parts quilted into it.

GARDEN REPORT
The garden is planted, although I still need to find Butternut Squash seeds or plants, and I have to buy more basil seeds since I lost (?) the package that was in my hand two weeks ago.  Hate it when that happens!!  The zucchini has been planted in the big pile of semi-composted grass/garden clippings collected over the past year - this is an experiment, so I'm wondering about planting another patch, conventionally, in some dirt.  If I don't have zucchini to torment DH with, how will I amuse myself all summer? On the back patio I will be planting some herbs in pots to save myself from walking all - the - way  to the far end of the yard when I'm in the middle of making supper.  So, I still have some work to do, but for the most part I am on weed patrol for the next while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...