Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baptist Fan, Multiple Borders

I love the look of Baptist Fans on traditional type quilts. It lets the piecing take the spotlight.


Multiple, pieced borders can present a wonderful challenge.


I just LOVE the spring colours in this qullt.


I'm heading off for my week of volunteering at Quilt Ontario in London.  There is no need for me to pack my sunglasses.  The forecast, and in fact the current weather conditions, is rain, rain, and more rain.  For the whole bloody week.  Geez, Mother Nature, GIVE IT A REST.  But I have to say, it has kept me in the house working.  I'm actually up to date on my quilting work.  I have - get ready for it... - one of my OWN quilts on the rack right now.  This is a ufo challenge from the Binbrook guild, which will be due by our June meeting.  Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will have it finished waaay early.  (If you check the UFO page at the top you can see a pic of the MAY project.) Then I can get back to the commission which also needs to be complete in June.

I'll see y'all in a week!

3 comments:

  1. I love the baptist fan too...that was perfect for that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the double hearts like pattern you did in the outer border. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...