Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hot Chocolate, anyone??

 This quilt reminds me of hot chocolate with marshmallows. 
Speaking of marshmallows, I had home made marshmallows on Sunday.  They taste better than the packaged ones, which should be no surprise.  If you check out Luke & Mel's food blog (see the sidebar for a link), they make them occasionally.  Her latest ones are a candy cane version with a red swirl running through them.


I have a friend who told me about her family Christmas last year.  The siblings decided to forgo their gifts to each other and 'adopt' a needy family instead.  I thought that was such a GREAT idea I proposed that to my brother & s.i.l.  So here I am, with all these kids toys & gift vouchers for the mom & dad to go on a date night.  S.I.L. and I went shopping last week, oddly (for us) not at a shoe store.  Today I will hit the dollar store for tissue paper and stuff to get this all wrapped.  It was so much fun wandering the toy aisles, and to not struggle over gift choices for adults who really don't need anything.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilts as always!
    Great idea with the gift giving.
    We gave up giving gifts to siblings years ago when all it seemed was a $20 gift giving duty that everyone hated. So we just have a get together on Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...