Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wedding Today & Drunkard's Path Quilt

My nephew is getting married today. Outside. In the rain. Yup. I made them a honeymoon journal with some of their leftover wedding fabric.

The groom's sister organized a week long honeymoon in New York City and asked the wedding guests to purchase 'pieces' of the honeymoon. Kinda cool, eh?

I also made the bride a small handbag which the journal just happens to fit inside of.











I've finished the Paducah Challenge Drunkard's Path quilt too. Finally. I'm really pleased with the way the quilting turned out. I made paper cutouts of the heart shape and pinned them to the quilt. That kept the shapes consistent, 'cause my freehand hearts are ALL different.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is beautiful! Enjoy the rainy wedding. That was a great idea for a honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...