Monday, June 2, 2008

Longarm Quilters Meeting

A quilting friend and I will be hosting a meeting of longarm quilters on Saturday June 28th in Caledonia. If you know of any longarm quilters who would like to attend please contact me at thehuberts@mountaincable.net.

On the weekend we helped our nephew and his bride (the jelly roll quilt) move. OMG, they moved out of a third floor walkup. I was very grateful that when I woke up this morning I didn't fall down. I ain't as young as I used to be! We got home at 5:30, threw a frozen pizza in the oven, and I was in my jammies reading a book by 6:30. I may have been snoring by 7:00?

My little extra job for today will be washing Mom's embroidered quilt. Mom is 87, so you never know (and probably don't want to know) what's on the quilt. It could be cheese, it could be silver polish. The photo is the spare quilt I made to go on her bed when I swipe the embroidered one. This is an easy 9-patch quilt I made after reading Mary Ellen Hopkins' Baker's Dozen Doubled book. I'll give you a peek at the embroidered quilt later this week, when it's nice and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...