Friday, May 23, 2008

Quilting Retreats












I just looove going away with the girls on quilting retreats. Well, going anywhere, really! At the end of April I went to my friend Margaret's, with Sue and Anne for a nice long weekend. Margaret has a fabulous place on a lake. We share the cooking (we are all fabulous cooks, I might add) and cleaning up, so it's not like home at all. If you know what I mean? The quilt I have on the floor has been in progress for about 18 months. It was designed by a longarm friend of mine, based on a quilt her mother made a zillion years ago. The strips are 1 1/4" and finish 3/4". I have a bad name for the quilt, which I won't mention here. I really hope to finish the top some time this summer. It is mostly assembled, it just needs an inner border and then add the outside blocks. The plan is that it will be the 'summer quilt' for the guest bedroom. It is definitely too light in colour to be anywhere near my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...